Events & Planning Home
The Student Activities Center is the spot for finding events and ways to get involved that will compliment the academic experience for UNM Students. The office supports student organizations in designing and implementing their own events. With resources for planning, references to University policies, and many years of event planning, the Student Activities Center is a guide for Student Organizations to make full use of campus opportunities and comply with policies.
The Student Activities Center staff coordinates reservations for outdoor space and serves on the UNM Special Events Committee. Be sure to check out the “Event Planning Guide” to learn more information on common policies, procedures, and resources. Whether the goal is to entertain, inform, showcase, or engage community, we are committed to ensuring that your event is safe and successful.
For reserving the use of Outdoor Space:
Click the link for Reserving Outdoor Space green button on this page or go to ems.unm.edu. (Reservations through the portal must be made at least 48 hours prior to the event. If you are within this time period, please contact the Student Activities Center by coming in to the office, or by phone, to request the space use if it is available.)
Once you get to the ems.unm.edu, follow these instructions to request space use on campus:
- Create an account or sign in by clicking the My Home tab.
- Once you are logged in, click Create A Reservation and then choose book now next to Outdoor Space.
- Input the information such as Date, Time, and Number of People.
- Once you have entered these fields, the available spaces will pop up.
- Click the plus sign in the green circle for the space you would like.
- Enter Attendance and Setup Type in the pop-up box and Add Room.
- You should see the room in the Selected Room area with a red circle next to it.
- Click on the Next Step button on the top right of the page.
- Complete all of the mandatory questions.
- For the Customer field, click the magnifying glass and then the question mark in the top right corner.
- Follow the instructions on adding the (Outdoor Space Use) customer.
- Complete the rest of the form and submit.
Outdoor space use requests may take up to 2 business days to approve or request further information. If you have additional questions, please call (505) 277-4706.